Skip to content
- Assume elevated ICP: These children typically have elevations in ICP, and anesthesia should take this factor into account when planning. Halothane and nitrous oxide should be avoided, if possible.
Devices to Be Implanted
- Usually not required: Implanted devices are usually not used in surgeries for these tumors. One may choose to use plates and screws or other fixation devices to stabilize the craniotomy bone flap.
- Microscope: Microscope and micro-instruments including the non-stick bipolar forceps should be available for the operation.
- Image guidance: Image-guidance equipment (ultrasound, computer-assisted image guidance).
- Intraoperative imaging: If available, intraoperative ultrasound, CT scanning, or MR imaging can be useful.