Skip to content
- ICU: Some patients will need ICU admission for close monitoring.
- Vital signs: Every hour initially is recommended, with ICP continually monitored for elevations. Record activity with elevations in ICP, or bed positioning with low or negative ICP.
- Blood pressure parameters: Elevations in blood pressure can be either pain related or due to elevated ICP.
- IVF and rate: Maintenance (or maintenance and one-half for dehydrated patients with low ICP).
- CSF drainage parameters/drainage bag setup: If an EVD is left behind after ETV, the external drain is clamped and the ICP is monitored if the goal is shunt removal or planned ETV.